~ from the “Peg’s Lifestyle Reset ~ Culinary Nutrition Workshop” Collection
A rich and satisfying chocolate treat! (Can you eat just one?)
I make these treats without any sweetener, and have also experimented with cashew butter instead of almond, as well as going without chocolate for a caramel flavour – that one needs a little maple syrup!
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup coconut butter (melted)
1/4 cup almond butter (or ground, soaked almonds)
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (finely shredded)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple syrup, or to taste (optional, can also use stevia or honey)
- Melt coconut oil and coconut butter together in a small saucepan.
- Add almond butter and stir until combined. Add vanilla, coconut flakes and cacao powder, plus sweetener if using, and stir together.
- Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays or baking molds. (Not too thick.)
- Cool in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Once set, turn the snack bites out of the molds, and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Can also be made without cacao powder to create a “caramel” flavour (requires sweetener).
- And add ¼ tsp sea salt for a “salted caramel” taste!
- Substitute cashew butter for almond butter.