About Peg McPhedran RHN RYT
As I get older, I am finally willing to admit to being “a woman of a certain age.”
And this means owning up to the fact that I can no longer get away with the unhealthy habits that I thought I could when I was younger: “cheating” on my diet with junk food and my favourite wine; not always exercising as much as I should; staying up late; etc.
Does any of this resonate with you?
As we age, decades of poor treatment are catching up: less energy, “brain fog,” aches and pains … I’ve been on a search for awhile now to understand how to age with vitality, how to roll back the clock, how to bolster my memory, how to continue to enjoy the many physical activities that require energy and stamina (skiing, hiking to name a couple). This is a two-fold search—education and continuous research into the latest scientific understanding of what is healthiest for the human body plus experimenting to see what works for me—because while there are many common threads, our bodies are all unique.
And as a life-long teacher, I offer what I have learned to you, to support and empower you in creating your path to a healthy, fulfilling, and purposeful life.
I have been teaching, coaching, mentoring, counselling and facilitating growth and change in others since I taught my first Learn-to-Swim class at the age of 17. From that point on I knew I was meant to be a teacher. When I “retired” in 2010 after 32 years as a high school teacher and counsellor, I knew that while the venue would change along with my students and clients, my life’s purpose—my dharma—would continue to be working with others to facilitate growth and change.
And what matters more than to strive for health and wellness and as joyful and stress free a life as we can create?
I support and empower those who desire to change their lives by taking control, by making healthy food and lifestyle choices, by practising sustainable habits that create a future that is happy, healthy and purposeful—because that’s what I want too!
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON
- Bachelor of Education from Western University, London ON
- Master of Education from OISE/UT, Toronto ON
Yoga, Pilates and Sports Training:
- 1976 – Level 2 Ski Instructor, Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA)
- 2004 – Second Wind Pilates+ Mat, Reformer and Integrated Movement Therapies (IMT) Instructor
- 2011-2015 – Completed several certifications at Phoenix Rising School of Yoga Therapy, Bristol VT: 200-hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training, 650-hour PRYT Yoga Therapy Training, 395-hour PRYT Group Facilitator Training, 93-hour PRYT Life Mentoring Training, and 300-hour Bridge PRYT Yoga Teacher Training, to fulfil 500-hour Yoga Alliance requirements
- 2015-2017 – Completed 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training and 200-hour Todd Norian’s Ashaya Yoga Teacher Training with Shirlee Williams at Buddha Rider, Collingwood, ON
- 2015 – Completed 24-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, with Beth Rutty, Meaford, ON
Holistic Nutrition & Culinary Nutrition Training:
- 2005 – Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN), Mississauga; teaching at CSNN since 2010
- 2011 – Completed CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Program, Level 1
- 2017 – Completed Meghan Telpner’s Culinary Nutrition Expert Program with Honours, Toronto, ON
- Yoga Alliance; RYT500
- International Association of Yoga Therapists; C-IAYT
- Canadian School of Natural Nutrition alumni Association, CSNNAA
- Canadian Association of Natural Nutritional Practitioners, CANNP
The services that I offer will support you to adopt healthy habits and change your life!
I invite you to contact me to discuss the changes you desire, the habits you would like to develop—and those to leave behind—and how I might support you as you create the life you want!