Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
In life, one thing we can be sure about is that change will happen – whether we want it to or not.
Unwanted change and resistance are major contributors to stress and stress related aliments.
What would it be like to become aware of your process of change and redefine the relationship you have to it?
Though at times we look for outside sources to guide us, somewhere deep inside we know that we must slow down, reconnect with ourselves, and listen to our own inner voice.
How well do you connect to yourself through your body? Do you listen to its wisdom and learn from it? How can present-moment embodied awareness through yoga inform your life, the choices you make, and help create the life you desire? So often we run from our uncomfortable sensations and feelings, never allowing them to teach us. Yet, if we engage them, they can take us somewhere new, often into deeper levels of awareness.
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT), through a combination of classical yoga techniques and elements of contemporary body-mind psychology, encourages this deeper connection with self. It is a non-prescriptive approach that empowers each individual to live and fully embrace their own unique gift of life.
“When we deny our stories, they define us.” ~ Brene Brown, Rising Strong
No Yoga experience or flexibility are required.
What does an individual Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy session look like?
PRYT is a client-centered, non-directive, yoga-based form of bodywork within a safe and supportive environment. It’s based on the belief that there is a connection between the mind and body, and that we don’t always experience this connection in our every day lives. Our bodies hold memories and emotions, just like our brains, and therefore pain and stress can sometimes be the result of blocked or unresolved emotions stored in the body.
A PRYT session consists of guided meditations to gather focus, assisted yoga postures, and dialogue. It is a client centered modality combining traditional yogic philosophy with modern personal growth psychology. At all times, that client is directing the session and in control of all aspects of their experience.
PRYT is appropriate for any age or body type, even people who are unwilling or unable to get down on the floor. Current clients range in age from 40′s to 70’s and most have no previous yoga experience.
For more information click the image above to watch the short video at the Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Website.
How does it work?
In a one on one, 60 minute session, we’ll work together to combine assisted yoga stretches at your comfort level, with some dialogue, as well as breathwork and meditation. For some, it simply provides a great stretch. For others, the bodywork often helps them explore and release physical or emotional tension and gain access to physical, emotional and mental sensations to help promote a better understanding of self. Benefits may include: deep relaxation, greater mental clarity, relief of stiff muscles and tight joints, and improved stress management skills leading to enhanced self-esteem and contentment. It’s an opportunity to step out of your day-to-day life, focus inward, and gain some awareness around what’s happening, so you can step back into your life with greater clarity!
The potential benefits of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy are:
- Deep Relaxation
- Greater Emotional Stability
- Greater Mental Clarity, Empowerment, Self-esteem
- Ability to Identify, Work With, and Release Fears and Self-Imposed Limitations
- Focus and Sense of Presence
- Greater Body Awareness
- Physical Relief
- Easier and Deeper Breathing
- Connection with Spiritual Self
- Development of Trust in Self
How do I access your services?
I am located in Collingwood, Ontario, and in-person sessions will take place in a private room at Buddha Rider Yoga and Cycle Studio. You will be on a large mat on the floor, and should wear loose, comfortable clothing. There is no yoga experience necessary. As the practitioner, I will move parts of your body in simple movements and stretches so you can experience what it feels like and describe those feelings. I may also direct you into gentle yoga postures.
Book in person PRYT sessions here.
I also provide online sessions using the secure Zoom platform. Your requirements include high-speed internet access using either a computer or tablet, plus a yoga space with mat and props (bolsters, blankets, strap) big enough for you to move around in, that is private, quiet and free of distractions. These sessions include all the features of an in-person session, however I will be directing you to move your body or asking you to move in a way that feels right for you in the moment. Once again, movement and dialogue may help you explore what’s happening for you, in mind, body and spirit, in the present moment.
Please contact me for more information or to set up an appointment.
One-on-one PRYT Yoga Therapy Pricing:
- 60 minute session: $100
- Five session package: $450
- First-time clients: Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first session. We will go over your medical history, what to expect in your session, and answer your questions. This consultation cost is included in the session fee.
You might also like to consider PRYT Life Mentoring:
- If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- This multi-session program introduces a mentoring component to your individual sessions as well as on-going post-session follow up around your specific needs. During each session I will support you in clarifying specific needs (this may be an aspect of life, an issue, or a healing process that you wants to address) and then provide additional yoga therapy and mentoring as you build the life skills (profound presence, self-awareness, witness consciousness, and compassion) that are essential elements of transformation in the midst of daily human life. Combining mentoring with session work creates new ways to empower you toward awareness and action-producing change in your life!