Take a Deep Breath In ~ a Yoga & Meditation 8-week Series
Connect with your True Self ~ and Listen
Manage Stress ~ Increase Resilience
Develop a Sustainable Self-Care Practice
Join me this spring for an 8-week Phoenix Rising Therapeutic Yoga series!
We are all chronically stressed! You can’t avoid it these days – it literally surrounds us in everyday life and virtually no one is immune to it. It can cause a range of concerning symptoms, and not just the psychological ones we often associate it with. It can also contribute to the development of a multitude of physical and mental disorders.
Can we learn to manage the ever-present Change and Uncertainty that have become the only thing we can be certain about? Rather than being chronically stressed, can we learn to become Resilient? That’s the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; knowing how to cope in spite of setbacks or barriers. In some cases to even use those setbacks as the fuel to fire up our actions!
Overcoming stress and becoming resilient is possible. Research shows that developing practices such as mindfulness, meditation, self-care and healthy nutrition and exercise choices will go a long way to support a transition to a new you – less stressed, more resilient, better able to thrive in this ever-changing world.
Join me for this comprehensive program “Take a Deep breath In!” grounded in an 8-week Yoga and Meditation series based on the Phoenix Rising Method plus additional practices, exercises and workshops that will support you in developing healthy lifestyle and self-care practices. That will teach all parts of you–mind, body and spirit–to better manage stress and enjoy all that life has to offer.
Phoenix Rising Yoga and Meditation classes are well suited to online delivery, as I will guide you using my voice to move – or be still – in what ever way suits your body. Many aspects of the class may be done with eyes closed as this will deepen your connection within and encourage external distractions to fall away. PRYT Yoga and Meditation classes follow the 6 Phases of the Phoenix Rising Method, as highlighted in a recent Yoga Journal article. All you need is a quiet space, some room to move, and a few props such as bolsters, cushions or yoga blocks, a strap and a pile of blankets. How well do you connect to yourself through your body? Do you listen to its wisdom and learn from it? How can present-moment embodied awareness through yoga inform your life, the choices you make, and help create the life you desire?
“The body is the unconscious mind.” ~ Candace Pert, PhD, Molecules of Emotion
So often we run from our uncomfortable sensations and feelings, never allowing them to teach us. Yet, if we engage them, they can take us somewhere new, often into deeper levels of awareness. If we can learn to connect with our Truth, and make choices from that place, we can begin to reduce stress, become more resilient and ultimately create the lives we want.
The 8-week series includes:
- A Weekly Phoenix Rising Yoga and Meditation class
- Through a variety of supported Yoga postures, synchronized with the breath, plus a guided Breath Meditation you will calm the sympathetic nervous system thereby decreasing stress, and allow your mind to find presence through stillness.
- Learn about ancient Yoga Philosophy and Psychology as a lens to understanding life in the 21st century.
- And as you learn to listen to your body and connect with your Inner Wisdom, you will develop a sense of deep knowing about the healthy choices that are available to you.
- 1 Live Webinar – Manage Stress & Increase Resilience
- Weekly Self-Care Challenges
- Community of like-minded people
- Bonus – recorded 40 minute yoga class for you to use during the week
- Bonus – recorded 10 minute Meditation class
- and more!
All classes and webinars offered via a secure Zoom link.
Yoga and Meditation Classes: (2 options – choose either or both!)
- Tuesdays, 4:00 – 5:15 pm ET (one hour class followed by optional time to share, ask questions and discuss)
- dates TBA
- Saturdays 8:30 – 9:45 am ET (one hour class followed by optional time to share, ask questions and discuss)
- dates TBA
Live Webinar: Included in the Yoga Series, will be recorded and available after the session.
- Manage Stress ~ Become Resilient
- date TBA, will be on a Sunday, at 4 – 5 pm ET
Consider adding the 5-webinar package of Culinary Nutrition Workshops to your yoga package, see more details here!
Cost for the 8 Week Yoga & Meditation Series + 1 Live Webinars and all bonuses:
- One yoga class per week $147 CAD (please specify the day)
- Two yoga classes per week $247 CAD
- The live webinar will be recorded and available after for everyone
- Camera On Policy: All students are required to have their camera ON for the duration of class. This is for a few reasons: for your safety, for the teacher to be able to teach clearly, and for the integrity of the class. This also ensures that our classes are a safe environment for all students.
- For more info and to save your spot, call or email Peg @ 705-994-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments may be made by PayPal or e-transfer (message me for further instructions)
- Or complete the Program Enrollment Form and I will send you payment instructions.
Facilitator: Peg McPhedran RYT500, PRYT, C-IAYT, RHN
I am a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher and Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) with over 1500 hours of training.
And I am a Faculty Member and Mentor for the Phoenix Rising School of Yoga Therapy, offering Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist Training programs in Canada, the US, Taipei — and now online!
I am also a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, skilled and experienced in designing healthy meal plans, coaching for awesome lifestyle choices and teaching the application of healthy nutrition through hands-on Culinary Nutrition Workshops.
Experiencing this Yoga and Meditation Series will allow you to Connect with your True Self and Listen,
Manage Stress to Increase Resilience and Develop a Sustainable Self-Care Practice.