A great way to use leftover roasted veggies, just add your favourite greens, a source of protein, some dressing, and enjoy!
Today I had this for breakfast, but it works for any meal.
- 3/4 c. roasted veggies such as onion, mushrooms, butternut squash, summer squash and/or beets
- 2+ cups greens, in this case arugula
- 3 Tbsp. raw nuts and seeds – sunflower and pumpkin (could substitute meat, chicken, fish or legumes)
- 1 tsp olive oil + a dash of fig balsamic or lemon juice
- seasonings to taste
- Warm up the leftover veggies
- Dress greens with olive oil and balsamic
- Layer veggies over greens
- Top with nuts and seeds